Flood Warnings and Advisories
Flood Watch – Bulkley River (DOWNGRADED), Nautley River
High Streamflow Advisory – Fraser River at Prince George and Quesnel, Nechako River, Dean River
ENDED – High Streamflow Advisory – Prince George area tributaries
ISSUED: 09:00h May 22nd, 2018
The following Flood Warnings, Watches and Advisories in the Northeast and Northwest regions are MAINTAINED, DOWNGRADED, or ENDED as of Tuesday, May 22nd 09:00hr:
- Flood Watch (DOWNGRADED)– Bulkley River including tributaries around Houston, Smithers and adjacent areas
- Flood Watch – Nautley River including tributaries and lake levels around Burns Lake, Francois Lake, and surrounding areas
- High Streamflow Advisory – Fraser River at Prince George through Quesnel
- High Streamflow Advisory– Nechako River through Vanderhoof through Prince George
- High Streamflow Advisory – Dean River
- High Streamflow Advisory (ENDED) – Prince George area including the Chilako River, Salmon River and surrounding tributaries
Easing temperatures and dwindling snow packs in these areas has resulted in stabilization of many rivers throughout the region. River levels remain high in rivers fed by lake systems, including the Nautley River system.
Temperatures are expected to remain high on Tuesday and Wednesday, leading to increased snowmelt runoff. Flows are expected to increase through this week in response to this runoff. In some areas, including tributary rivers around Prince George, and mid-elevation areas around Burns Lake and Houston, snowpacks have dwindled enough that significant rises are not expected.
The River Forecast Centre will continue to monitor conditions and update this advisory as conditions warrant.
Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development
Tel: 250 356-7506
Levels of Warnings/Advisories: