Flood Warnings and Advisories
High Streamflow Advisory – Bulkley River (DOWNGRADED), Nautley River (DOWNGRADED), Fraser River at Prince George and Quesnel
ENDED - High Streamflow Advisory - Nechako River, Dean River
ISSUED: 08:00h May 24th, 2018
The following Flood Warnings, Watches and Advisories in the Northeast and Northwest regions are MAINTAINED, DOWNGRADED, or ENDED as of Thursday, May 24th 08:00hr:
- High Streamflow Advisory (DOWNGRADED) – Bulkley River including tributaries around Houston, Smithers and adjacent areas
- High Streamflow Advisory (DOWNGRADED) – Nautley River including tributaries and lake levels around Burns Lake, Francois Lake, and surrounding areas
- High Streamflow Advisory – Fraser River at Prince George through Quesnel
- High Streamflow Advisory (ENDED) – Nechako River through Vanderhoof through Prince George
- High Streamflow Advisory (ENDED) – Dean River
Dwindling snow packs in some areas has resulted in stabilization of many rivers throughout the region. River levels remain high in rivers fed by higher elevation terrain, and hot weather earlier this week is expected keep river levels high into the weekend.
Flows in the Nautley, Nechako and Bulkley Rivers and tributaries have been easing, and significant rises are not expected into the weekend.
On the Fraser River, tributary flows have been increasing, and additional rises in river levels are expected from Prince George through Quesnel today and into the weekend. At this point levels are not expected to reach levels experienced earlier last week.
The River Forecast Centre will continue to monitor conditions and update this advisory as conditions warrant.
Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development
Tel: 250 356-7506
Levels of Warnings/Advisories: