Flood Warnings and Advisories
ENDED - High Streamflow Advisory – Lillooet River, Bella Coola River
ISSUED: 1130h May 28th, 2018
The River Forecast Centre is ending the High Streamflow Advisory for:
- Bella Coola River
- Lillooet River
With easing temperatures and diminished mid-elevation and upper-elevation snow packs, snow melt runoff has been decreasing and river levels have been declining. Cooler conditions are expected through this week.
The River Forecast Centre will continue to monitor conditions and update this advisory as conditions warrant.
Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development
Tel: 250 356-7506
Levels of Warnings/Advisories:
- High Streamflow Advisory: River levels are rising or expected to rise rapidly, but that no major flooding is expected. Minor flooding in low-lying areas is possible.
- Flood Watch: River levels are rising and will approach or may exceed bankfull. Flooding of areas adjacent to affected rivers may occur.
- Flood Warning: River levels have exceeded bankfull or will exceed bankfull imminently, and that flooding of areas adjacent to the rivers affected will result.
- Home of River Forecast Centre
- Current Streamflow Conditions and Flood Forecast Modeling
- Map of Current Streamflow Return Periods for All WSC Stations
- CLEVER Model 10-day Forecasts of Discharges and Return Periods
- COFFEE Model 5-day Forecasts of Discharges and Return Periods
- Back to page of Flood Warnings and Advisories