Flood Warnings and Advisories
ENDED - High Streamflow Advisory – Lillooet River
ISSUED: 1030h June 26th, 2018
The River Forecast Centre is ending the High Streamflow Advisory for:
Rainfall on Sunday has now passed through the lower reaches of the Lillooet River, and flows have declined since yesterday. No significant additional rises are expected at this time.
The River Forecast Centre will continue to monitor conditions and update this advisory as conditions warrant.
Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development
Tel: 250 356-7506
Levels of Warnings/Advisories:
- High Streamflow Advisory: River levels are rising or expected to rise rapidly, but that no major flooding is expected. Minor flooding in low-lying areas is possible.
- Flood Watch: River levels are rising and will approach or may exceed bankfull. Flooding of areas adjacent to affected rivers may occur.
- Flood Warning: River levels have exceeded bankfull or will exceed bankfull imminently, and that flooding of areas adjacent to the rivers affected will result.
- Home of River Forecast Centre
- Current Streamflow Conditions and Flood Forecast Modeling
- Map of Current Streamflow Return Periods for All WSC Stations
- CLEVER Model 10-day Forecasts of Discharges and Return Periods
- COFFEE Model 5-day Forecasts of Discharges and Return Periods
- Back to page of Flood Warnings and Advisories