Flood Warnings and Advisories
High Streamflow Advisory (MAINTAINED) – Nicola Lake, South Thompson
High Streamflow Advisory (ENDED) - Okanagan, Bonaparte River, Salmon River, North Thompson
ISSUED: 11:30 AM June 8th, 2020
The River Forecast Centre is maintaining a High Streamflow Advisory for:
- Nicola Lake
- South Thompson River including Shuswap River, Shuswap Lake and tributaries
The River Forecast Centre is ending a High Streamflow Advisory for:
- North Thompson River including mainstem and Clearwater River and smaller tributaries
- Central Okanagan including tributaries around Kelowna including Mission Creek and Mill Creek and surrounding areas
- Bonaparte River
- North Okanagan including tributaries around Vernon, Lumby, Winfield and surrounding areas
- Salmon River near Salmon Arm
River levels have been improving over the past week due to cooler weather and diminished rainfall. Weather forecasts for the upcoming week are indicating on-going unsettled weather, however no heavy rainfall is expected. River conditions are expected to continue to improve through the week. Flows and levels are expected to remain high on Nicola Lake and the mainstem and tributaries of the South Thompson River, including Shuswap Lake.
The public is advised to stay clear of the fast-flowing rivers and potentially unstable riverbanks during the high-streamflow period.
The River Forecast Centre continues to monitor the situation and provides updates as conditions warrant.
Contact for Media Relations, Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development:
Tel: 250 356-7506
Levels of Warnings/Advisories: