Flood Warnings and Advisories
The River Forecast Centre is ending a High Streamflow Advisory for the South Coast and Vancouver Island including:
- Metro Vancouver – including the Serpentine and Nicomekl Rivers and local streams
- Howe Sound – including the Stawamus River and tributaries along the Sea-to-Sky Highway
- Sunshine Coast – including watersheds around Gibsons and Sechelt
- North Shore – including the Seymour River and watersheds around North Vancouver and West Vancouver
- Fraser Valley (North) – including mountainous tributaries from Coquitlam to Harrison
- West Vancouver Island – including tributaries around Gold River, Zeballos, Tofino and surrounding areas
- Central Vancouver Island – including the Sproat and Somass Rivers and areas surrounding Port Alberni
- East Vancouver Island – including tributaries around Campbell River, Courtenay, Parksville, Nanaimo and surrounding areas
- Southern Vancouver Island – including the Cowichan River, Chemainus River and surrounding tributaries
A series of powerful Pacific storms has impacted British Columbia for more than a week. Yesterday’s storm was the last significant event in this series in terms of rainfall amounts. Drier weather today has allowed for the general improvement in river conditions across the region, and this trend is expected to continue into the weekend.
The River Forecast Centre will continue to monitor conditions and update this advisory as conditions warrant.
Contact for Media Relations, Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development:
Tel: 250 356-7506
Levels of Warnings/Advisories: