Flood Warnings and Advisories
ENDED - Northeast Region: High Streamflow Advisory – Liard River & Muskwa River
ISSUED: 12:15PM August 24, 2020
The River Forecast Centre is ending a High Streamflow Advisory for:
- The Liard River (and tributaries)
- The Muskwa River (and tributaries)
Rainfall over the weekend across the region has now subsided. Rivers have reached peak levels from this event (2-year return periods or lower) and are now receding. No additional significant rises in river levels are expected at this time.
The River Forecast Centre continues to monitor the conditions and provides updates as conditions warrant.
Contact for Media Relations, Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development:
Tel: 250 356-7506
Levels of Warnings/Advisories:
- High Streamflow Advisory: River levels are rising or expected to rise rapidly, but that no major flooding is expected. Minor flooding in low-lying areas is possible. This is the lowest level.
- Flood Watch: River levels are rising and will approach or may exceed bankfull. Flooding of areas adjacent to affected rivers may occur. This is the intermediate level.
- Flood Warning: River levels have exceeded bankfull or will exceed bankfull imminently, and that flooding of areas adjacent to the rivers affected will result. This is the highest level.
- Home of River Forecast Centre
- Current Streamflow Conditions and Flood Forecast Modeling
- Map of Current Streamflow Return Periods for All WSC Stations
- CLEVER Model 10-day Forecasts of Discharges and Return Periods
- COFFEE Model 5-day Forecasts of Discharges and Return Periods
- Back to page of Flood Warnings and Advisories