Flood Warnings and Advisories
Flood Warnings/Advisories Currently in Effect:
Ended - Flood Warning – Pouce Coupe River - UPDATED: 11:00am, July 25th, 2018
Previously issued Warnings/Advisories no longer in effect:
Flood Warning – Pouce Coupe River - ISSUED: 11:00am, July 23rd, 2018
Ended - Flood Watch - Pine River; Ended - High Streamflow Advisory - Peace Region around Fort St. John (Maintained) - Updated: 11:00am, July 22nd, 2018
Flood Watch - Pine River (Upgraded); High Streamflow Advisory - Peace Region around Fort St. John (Maintained) - Updated: 1:00pm, July 21st, 2018
High Streamflow Advisory – Pine River and Peace Region around Fort St. John - ISSUED: 11:30am July 19th, 2018
Contact for Media Relations, Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development:
Tel: 250 356-7506
Levels of Warnings/Advisories:
1. High Streamflow Advisory: River levels are rising or expected to rise rapidly, but that no major flooding is expected. Minor flooding in low-lying areas is possible.
2. Flood Watch: River levels are rising and will approach or may exceed bankfull. Flooding of areas adjacent to affected rivers may occur.
3. Flood Warning: River levels have exceeded bankfull or will exceed bankfull imminently, and that flooding of areas adjacent to the rivers affected will result.
- Home of River Forecast Centre
- Current Streamflow Conditions and Flood Forecast Modeling
- Map of Current Streamflow Return Periods for All WSC Stations
- CLEVER Model 10-day Forecasts of Discharges and Return Periods
- COFFEE Model 5-day Forecasts of Discharges and Return Periods