Flood Warnings and Advisories
Flood Warnings/Advisories Currently in Effect
There are currently no warnings/advisories in effect
Previously issued Warnings/Advisories no longer in effect:
Flood Watch – Fontas River (MAINTAINED) - ISSUED: 3:00 PM May 19, 2022
Flood Watch– Fontas River (UPGRADED) - ISSUED: 10:00 AM May 14, 2022
High Streamflow Advisory – South Interior (Whiteman, Salmon) - ISSUED: 1:00 PM May 14, 2022
High Streamflow Advisory – Fontas River (MAINTAINED); ENDED - Flood Watch – Pouce Coup River; ENDED - High Streamflow Advisory – Peace Region and North-East BC
Flood Watch – Moffat Creek - High Streamflow Advisory – Cariboo - ISSUED: 1:00 PM May 7, 2022
High Streamflow Advisory – Deadman River (Central Region) ISSUED: 3:00 PM May 5, 2022
Flood Watch – Pouce Coup River - High Streamflow Advisory – Peace Region and North-East BC - ISSUED: 3:30 PM May 6, 2022
Contact for Media Relations, Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development:
Levels of Warnings/Advisories:
1. High Streamflow Advisory: River levels are rising or expected to rise rapidly, but that no major flooding is expected. Minor flooding in low-lying areas is possible.
2. Flood Watch: River levels are rising and will approach or may exceed bankfull. Flooding of areas adjacent to affected rivers may occur.
3. Flood Warning: River levels have exceeded bankfull or will exceed bankfull imminently, and that flooding of areas adjacent to the rivers affected will result.
- Home of River Forecast Centre
- Current Streamflow Conditions and Flood Forecast Modeling
- Map of Current Streamflow Return Periods for All WSC Stations
- CLEVER Model 10-day Forecasts of Discharges and Return Periods
- COFFEE Model 5-day Forecasts of Discharges and Return Periods