Flood Warnings and Advisories
Flood Warnings/Advisories Currently in Effect:
ENDED - High Streamflow Advisory – Cowichan River, Sproat/Somass River - ISSUED: 2:00 PM January 14, 2021
Previously issued Warnings/Advisories no longer in effect:
MAINTAINED - High Streamflow Advisory – Cowichan River, Sproat/Somass River - ENDED – High Streamflow Advisory - Vancouver Island (Other Areas), South Coast - ISSUED: 2:30 PM January 13, 2021
High Streamflow Advisory – Vancouver Island, South Coast - ISSUED: 11:00 AM January 11, 2021
ENDED - Flood Watch – Englishman River and Nanaimo River / ENDED - High Streamflow Advisory – South Coast and Vancouver Island - ISSUED: 9:15 AM January 4, 2021
Flood Watch – Englishman River and Nanaimo River / High Streamflow Advisory – South Coast and Vancouver Island - ISSUED: 12:45 AM January 2, 2021
High Streamflow Advisory – South Coast and Vancouver Island - ISSUED: 3:45 PM December 31, 2020
Contact for Media Relations, Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development:
Levels of Warnings/Advisories:
1. High Streamflow Advisory: River levels are rising or expected to rise rapidly, but that no major flooding is expected. Minor flooding in low-lying areas is possible.
2. Flood Watch: River levels are rising and will approach or may exceed bankfull. Flooding of areas adjacent to affected rivers may occur.
3. Flood Warning: River levels have exceeded bankfull or will exceed bankfull imminently, and that flooding of areas adjacent to the rivers affected will result.
- Home of River Forecast Centre
- Current Streamflow Conditions and Flood Forecast Modeling
- Map of Current Streamflow Return Periods for All WSC Stations
- CLEVER Model 10-day Forecasts of Discharges and Return Periods
- COFFEE Model 5-day Forecasts of Discharges and Return Periods