CLEVER Model 10-day Forecast of Discharges and Return PeriodsNote: During the spring freshet season, the CLEVER Model is updated daily on weekdays, and updated on weekends and statutory holidays only in flooding conditions. For non-freshet seasons, the CLEVER Model is updated once or twice a week unless climate conditions require more frequent updates.
This map includes 2 layers: (i) Forecast Return Period - All Stations (current view); and, (ii) Forecast Return Period =2Y and Up.
Instruction: 1. To select a different layer or show the legend, scroll down to the bottom of the map, click the layer or legend icon. 2. Click on a station to show station information and the forecast maximum discharge/water level and return period in the next 5 days. 3. Click "More info" on the pop-up information window to view the forecast hydrograph for the station.
Colour Scheme for Return Periods:
Numerical Output of the CLEVER Model 10-day Forecast:
1. The Fraser Basin: Upper Fraser and Nechako; Middle Fraser and Quesnel; Thompson and Nicola; and, Lower Fraser.
2. North and Central Coasts: Northwest; Skeena-Nass; and Central Coast.
3. Northeast and Peace: Liard and Northeast; and Peace Region.
4. South Interior: Columbia and Kootenay; and Kettle-Okanagan and Similkameen.
5. South Coast and Vancouver Island: South Coast; and Vancouver Island.
1. Overview of CLEVER Model 10-day Forecast for today
2. CLEVER Model Publications and Technical References.
3. Map of 10-day Forecast of Daily Average Temperature and 24H Precipitation (10 page PDF file)
4. Map of Current Streamflow Conditions for All Real-time WSC Stations in BC
5. Current Advisories and Flood Warnings
6. Current Streamflow Conditions and Flood Forecast Modeling
7. Home of River Forecast Centre
The data provided by this web service is licensed under Open Government License - British Columbia.
This web service is Copyright (c), Province of British Columbia. All rights reserved.
The B.C. Map Hub and associated materials, including map applications ("Maps"), trade-marks and official marks (collectively, "Materials"), are owned or used under license by the Province of British Columbia ("Province") and are protected by copyright and trade-mark laws. Please see the Disclaimer for further details.
Modeling Uncertainty and Disclaimer:
This forecast is derived from the CLEVER Model, a hydrologic model using third-party data as inputs. The data may be provisional and may include uncertainty and errors, and the model has its own limitations. This is the so-called modeling uncertainty. As such, the model forecast may also include errors and the actual observed discharges and water levels are different from the forecasts. It is also possible that the actual flow is higher than the forecast upper bound or lower than the forecast lower bound. Users of this forecast must accept all responsibility for their use and interpretation. Please click here for more information.